It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Huckabee Christmas Ad


(AP) - Catholic League president Bill Donahue said Huckabee went beyond wishing people a joyous holiday. Donahue said he was especially disturbed by the cross-like image created by a white bookcase in the background of the ad, saying he believed it was a subliminal message... read full story here

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Put a sock in it Bill! I've supported you on many other crusades, but this time you're barking up the wrong tree. It was a bookshelf for heaven's sake. Besides, even if the cross was intentional (which it wasn't), what difference does it make? He also said "Merry CHRISTmas" in the ad as well. Is that crossing the line too? By the way, a "subliminal message" is something you can't easily see, not something in plain view that everyone can see. For the record, I thought the ad was wonderful. I wish more candidates would do the same, though if they did, I doubt any of them would receive half the criticism Huckabee got for running his.