It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mike Huckabee -- A REAL Conservative

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Unfortunately, some other Republican candidates are trying hard to chip away at Mike Huckabee's lead in the polls. One of them, Senator Fred Thompson and his supporters, are attacking Huckabee for supposedly not being a "true conservative." I believe the "L" word was tossed around a bit. Now 'The Catholic Knight' has no problem engaging in a little politics on my blog, but I'm not going to lower myself to attacking a political candidate on issues that have absolutely nothing to do with Catholicism. So Fred gets off the hook from me tonight. I will however, defend the record of the man he is defaming...



Libertarian radio talk-show host, Neal Bortz, set the record straight too. Mike Huckabee is a tax-cutting conservative, and his Arkansas record proves it beyond the shadow of a doubt. Those who are trying to defame his record in Arkansas are citing isolated incidences and taking them out of context.

Now on to Mike Huckabee's CONSERVATIVE tax plan for America. It's called the FAIR-TAX, and it amount to the largest tax-cut in the history of the world for the working middle class. It also eliminates all taxes for the poor, and even cuts taxes on the "rich" too. It eliminates the IRS. It stops all federal withholdings from your paycheck, and you never have to file another tax return again. What does Fred Thompson, and other Republican candidates, say about the Fair-Tax? They say they might consider it if Congress ever passes the bill, but they will not take the lead to push for this issue. So far, only Huckabee, has promised to push to get this plan passed.

READ MORE ABOUT THE FAIR-TAX HERE