It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thompson Out - Huckabee Still In


(AP) - Republican Fred Thompson, the actor-politician who attracted more attention as a potential presidential candidate than as a real one, quit the race for the White House on Tuesday after a string of poor finishes in early primary and caucus states.

"Today, I have withdrawn my candidacy for president of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort," the former Tennessee senator said in a brief statement...

read full story here
THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: And then there were three. The Republican presidential race is now down to three candidates -- John McCain, Mit Romney and Mike Huckabee. (Sorry Ron Paul supporters - your guy doesn't stand a chance.)

So 'The Catholic Knight' calls upon all Thompson supporters to consider the following. In 2008 you have three possible candidates to run against Hillary Clinton. You can have....

  1. Senator John McCain -- a.k.a. "Mr. Amnesty"
  2. Governor Mit Romney -- the flip-flopping Massachusetts liberal, who's the Republican answer to John Kerry
  3. Governor Mike Huckabee -- a man with a solid Pro-Life record, and a supporter of the "FAIR-TAX" www.fairtax.org

So who do you think can beat Hillary in the general election? Better yet, which one of the above three would you rather see in the Whitehouse?