It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Homosexuals Compared To Terrorists - Gays Respond With Death Threats

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Ironic, isn't it. It kind of reminds me of the response the pope got after the comments he made about Islam during his visit to Germany back in 2006. (read details here) People in the media (and sometimes politics) compare conservative Catholics and Evangelicals to Islamic terrorists all the time. Rarely ever do such statements result in death threats. It causes one to question; maybe Rep. Sally Kern is on to something...
(The Christian Post) - An Oklahoma lawmaker has received thousands of hostile e-mails and voice messages that included death threats for speaking out about homosexuality and labeling it a bigger threat to America than terrorism or Islam.

"I'm not anti, I'm not gay bashing but according to God's word, that is not the right kind of lifestyle," said State Rep. Sally Kern at a Republican event in January.

Her comments generated national attention after pro-homosexual group Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund posted the recording on YouTube earlier this week. As of Friday afternoon, the posting had close to 900,000 views.

In response, Kern has received more than 7,000 e-mails and voice messages, most of them hostile with a few death threats....

read full story here