It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Will President Bush Choose Next President?

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: While everyone is focused on the candidates in the 2008 presidential election, most people don't realize there is one man who will have more influence on this election than all of the candidates combined. His name is President George W. Bush. His actions between now and November may determine who is elected president.

Keep this in mind. We have a war-hero running as the Republican nominee (Senator John McCain). The Democratic nominee will be one of two junior senators who have no experience in combat (Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton). So long as the country is focused on domestic politics, the Democratic nominee will be favored to win. But if the focus of the country should shift to foreign policy, sometime between now and November, then Senator John McCain will be favored to win. It all depends on what the American people are thinking about most when they go to the polls in November. One man has the power to influence this more than anyone else, and if he does so, it will be by his actions more than his words. I'm not suggesting that Bush would allow a domestic election to influence his foreign policy decisions. I'm just saying that his foreign policy decisions, could very well influence the domestic election. It's just something to think about.