It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Monday, April 28, 2008

ALERT: Alan Keyes on short list for John McCain's VP

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT:  When I first heard this I laughed out loud, because I thought there would be no way John McCain would do this.  But then I considered it, and I came to the conclusion that it's his only hope of wooing back wayward conservatives (like myself), and countering the race card which will surly be played by the Democrats should Barack Obama get the nomination.  It effectively "kills two birds with one stone."  Suddenly, it didn't seem so far fetched anymore.

I have to say, if it's true, and if John McCain actually does it, then it would be the ONE and ONLY way I would cast my vote for McCain and the Republicans this November!  While punching my ballot, the second name in a McCain/Keyes ticket would be the ONLY WAY I could hold my nose and force myself past the gag reflex.  I would do so in the most sincere hope that McCain (due to age and health reasons) might not be able to finish his first term, or at least, maybe he won't run for a second.

CLICK HERE FOR SOURCE