It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, April 18, 2008

Pope Urges Fight Against Gay-Marriage

( - While largely ignored by much of the major media, Pope Benedict XVI admonished the nation's Catholic bishops to promote traditional marriage in a speech delivered Wednesday after a vespers service at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.

"It is your task to proclaim boldly the arguments from faith and reason in favor of the institution of marriage, understood as a lifelong commitment between a man and a woman, open to the transmission of life," the pope told the gathering of more than 300 bishops.

"This message should resonate with people today, because it is essentially an unconditional and unreserved 'yes' to life, a 'yes' to love and a 'yes' to the aspirations at the heart of our common humanity, as we strive to fulfill our deep yearning for intimacy with others and with the Lord," the pope added.

Benedict linked the priest sex-abuse scandal to a wider context: the failure of bishops to stand up for and proclaim "authentic moral values" in the public square....

read full story