It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Wasted Vote?

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: How long will we settle for the "lesser of two evils" when we vote? Where has that gotten us so far? Aren't many of the problems we're dealing with now the very result of voting for the "lesser of two evils?" When you vote for the "lesser of two evils" aren't you still getting "evil" no matter who wins?

When was the last time you voted for someone who actually represented what you believe?

What is a "wasted vote?" Is your vote "wasted" when you cast if for someone who represents what you believe - regardless of the outcome? Or is it "wasted" when you sacrifice your principles to vote for someone who doesn't represent what you believe, but who you think might win? So it begs to be asked; are you trying to vote for what you believe in, or are you just trying to vote for a "winner?"

When you vote for someone who doesn't really represent what you believe, even if he wins the election, how does that benefit you? He's not going to represent your beliefs, and you just voted for him. Isn't that the very definition of a "wasted vote?"

Just some food for thought.