It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, June 27, 2008

It Begins! - Anglican Bishops Defect To Rome

(London Telegraph) - At least one Church of England bishop will defect to Rome soon after the Lambeth Conference, I gather from Anglo-Catholic sources. And there could be more to follow.

I can't tell you much more than that at the moment, because the negotiations with Rome are so sensitive - and the Catholic Bishops of England and Wales, who distrust Anglican traditionalists, are quite capable of throwing a spanner in the works....

read full story here
THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more of these in the weeks and months ahead. As the GAFCON meeting in Jerusalem fizzles, and Lambeth promises little hope at putting down the "tyranny of relativism" within the Anglican Communion, more Anglican bishops are defecting to the Roman Catholic Church. Within Catholicism there is at least a spark of Anglo-Catholic renewal under the Anglican-Use Pastoral Provision, with the hope that it will one day result in a full-fledged Anglican Rite in full communion with the Catholic Church.