It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Monday, June 30, 2008

Only One Man Can Save Anglicanism Now?

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Ironically, the future of orthodox Anglo-Catholicism now rests firmly in the hands of the Bishop of Rome - Pope Benedict XVI.  Only this one man has the authority to pull Anglo-Catholics together and free them from the "tyranny of relativism" which now plagues the Anglican Communion.  Only this one man has the ability to rescue from obscurity those Anglo-Catholics who have already broken with the Anglican Communion.  Only this one man has the audacity to give high-church Anglicans another option, a way to preserve their traditions under the safety of a strong Church unwilling to compromise with the forces of liberal relativism.  Only this one man can rescue Anglicanism from itself.  Only this one man already has a working model for how he can do it within his own ranks.  If I were a high-church orthodox Anglican, I would be praying right now, praying that this one man will act soon.