It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Sunday, July 13, 2008

'Church of England' Leaders Say They're Ready To Ordain Homosexual Bishops

(Wales Online) - The leader of the Church in Wales has risked inflaming a split in the Anglican Church by declaring: “I would ordain Britain’s first gay Bishop.”

The Archbishop of Wales, Dr Barry Morgan, said practising homosexuals should not be barred from becoming bishops.

He accused opponents of being exclusive and narrow-minded and said the Church should select on ability not sexuality.

His comments will rock a Church already shaking from the decision at this week’s General Synod in York to allow the ordination of women bishops.

Dr Morgan said if his fellow bishops in the Church in Wales voted for a practising homosexual priest to be consecrated, he would back their decision and approve it.

“If there was a candidate who was in a homosexual relationship that would be discussed,” he said.

“It would be my job to say ‘you have to vote according to your conscience, but I’m duty bound to tell you that it will have repercussions as far as the wider Anglican communion is concerned’.

“If they said they want to do that, well so be it. If a priest had a partner and someone nominated them that wouldn’t be a bar to them becoming a bishop."

His comments, which come on the eve of the Anglican Church’s ten-yearly Lambeth Conference next week, will inflame the bitter controversy over homosexuality....

read full story here