It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Best of John McCain at the Saddleback Civil Forum


THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: I must admit, 'The Catholic Knight' was impressed by John McCain's performance last night at Saddleback Civil Forum. McCain exceeded all expectations, while Barack Obama was (not surprisingly) a huge disappointment. Obama's performance was typically liberal. He relied heavily of non-specifics, generalities, and relativity. Obama's most notable quote came on abortion, when he said it was "above his pay scale" to decide matters of life and death, or right and wrong, in a mother's "choice." McCain was direct when he pointed out that life begins at conception and the rights of a person begin there. McCain also came out strongly for school-choice, and issue the pope has championed in recent years. His stand on gay civil-union was less then desired, but he came out strongly against gay marriage. He also plainly stated that though he opposes the Federal Marriage Amendment right now, he would turn around and support it if the federal courts ever tried to impose gay-marriage on states that voted against it. McCain hit all the high points of Catholic social doctrine, and scored well with them last night.