It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Thursday, August 14, 2008

McCain Moves LEFT: Says He May Pick Pro-Abortion V.P.

(Newsmax) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Wednesday floated the prospect of picking a running mate who supports abortion rights and cited former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge as someone worth considering.

“I think that the pro-life position is one of the important aspects or fundamentals of the Republican Party,” McCain said in an interview with The Weekly Standard.

“And also I feel that — and I’m not trying to equivocate here — that Americans want us to work together,” McCain added. “You know, Tom Ridge is one of the great leaders and he happens to be pro-choice. And I don’t think that that would necessarily would rule Tom Ridge out....

read full story here
THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Once again my predictions about John McCain have come true - sadly. It wasn't really hard to predict that John McCain would move to the Left, because after all, he is John McCain. The Senator from Arizona has a long history of doing this sort of thing. What I didn't figure was that he would do it on the most important issue he needs to stay to the right on - abortion. John McCain is a weak "pro-life" candidate, if you could call him that at all. I would prefer the term "passive pro-choice" because he favors federal funding for embryonic stem-cell research. Now he's eyeing a totally pro-abortion candidate to run with him on the 2008 presidential ticket. This speaks volumes of the man's personal judgement and moral compass. He is the Republican Party's weakest link, and yet the Democratic alternative is nothing short of a nightmare for those who believe in the sanctity of human life. It looks like 'The Catholic Knight' will be voting for Alan Keyes this November, that is, if he makes it onto the ballot. As for the fate of the country, I believe that's already sealed. Right now I'm just looking to save my conscience so that I can give a proper account for my vote on judgement day.