It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Vatican - USCCB To Blame For Obama's Election

(LifeSiteNews.com) – A document of the US Catholic Bishops is partly to blame for the abandonment of pro-life teachings by voting Catholics and the election of the “most pro-abortion president” in US history, one of the Vatican’s highest officials said in an interview with LifeSiteNews.com.

Archbishop Raymond Burke, the prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, named a document on the election produced by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops that he said “led to confusion” among the faithful and led ultimately to massive support among Catholics for Barack Obama.

The US bishops’ document, “Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship,” stated that, under certain circumstances, a Catholic could in good conscience vote for a candidate who supports abortion because of "other grave reasons," as long as they do not intend to support that pro-abortion position...

read full story here
THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Where do I begin with this? For starters, I guess I could say that Archbishop Burke, true to form, has hit the nail on the head again. The abysmal state of American politics, in relation to abortion, is largely the failure of the US Catholic Bishops. I'll just go through a list of the problems...
  1. Failure to teach Catholic voting doctrine simply and clearly, on the issue of Life, in a way the laity can easily understand.
  2. Failure to excommunicate pro-abortion "Catholic" politicians.
  3. Failure to enforce the "no communion" rule for ANYONE who supports abortion.
  4. Failure to clearly teach from the pulpit the grave sin of supporting pro-abortion laws and candidates.
The bishops can correct this if they will just get the courage to reverse these problems.