It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

OFFICIAL: Bishops MUST Deny Communion to Pro-Choice Politicians

(LifeSiteNews.com) - Archbishop Raymond Burke, in an exclusive interview last week, told LifeSiteNews.com that the issue of pro-abortion politicians continuing to receive Holy Communion is still one of major concern and that it is the duty of bishops to ensure that they are refused.

He told LifeSiteNews.com, "I don't understand the continual debate that goes on about it. There's not a question that a Catholic who publicly, and after admonition, supports pro-abortion legislation is not to receive Holy Communion and is not to be given Holy Communion."

"The Church's law is very clear," said Archbishop Burke, who was appointed last year by Pope Benedict XVI as the head of the Church's highest court, the Apostolic Signatura. "The person who persists publicly in grave sin is to be denied Holy Communion, and it [Canon Law] doesn't say that the bishop shall decide this. It's an absolute"....

read full story here
THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Archbishop Burke is 100% right, but I'm afraid that nothing short of a mandated order from the pope himself will make this happen. Most US bishops are too tied up in the "tyranny of relativism" to do the right thing on their own, and we cannot count on the USCCB to do the right thing either. The USCCB has repeatedly proved it's utter worthlessness on this issue. God bless the few US bishops who are doing the right thing, but they are few and far in between. I'm afraid the Holy Father is just going to have to take this matter into his own hands and mandate it. There is no other way.