|The Christian Battle Flag of Missouri|
The meaning of this flag is self evident. It is a Christian banner, designed to convey the faith and character of those who fly it. The blue field represents perseverance. The red trim represents courage. The white cross represents purity, and the method through which that purity comes, the cross of Jesus Christ.
This particular flag is a powerful symbol for states rights and against federal tyranny. For Missouri was unlawfully invaded by Union forces in 1861, after having originally voted to stay within the Union. The people of Missouri chose to remain part of the United States, and for their loyalty they were rewarded with invasion, anarchy and war crimes by the army of the very nation they chose to remain with. Only after this incredible injustice did Missouri secede from the Union.
Today, this battle flag serves a similar purpose. It has seen a resurgence in popularity over the last decade. By flying it today, Missouri Christians (and Christians in other parts of America) are making a bold statement against the federal "tyranny of relativism" imposed by Washington DC, and in favor of Christendom (a Christian society), showing that while we may be presently subdued, we are not yet extinct. By flying the Christian Battle Flag of Missouri, Missourians are standing....
- Against the tyranny of federally mandated abortion-on-demand that overrides our state laws against it.
- Against the tyranny of federal courts that tell our children they cannot pray in school, and rob our cities of their historic Christian symbols, and forbid the practice of religion on public grounds.
- Against the tyranny of federal attempts to override our state constitutional ban on gay marriage.
- Against the tyranny of Obamacare, and all federal attempts to socialize medicine in the State of Missouri.
- Against the tyranny of heavy federal taxation and reckless money printing that leads to hyperinflation.
- Against the tyranny of a massive federal debt that threatens to crush our children's opportunity for prosperity.
- For our Christian faith, identity, heritage and its influence on this state.
- For human LIFE to be protected in all its stages, from conception to natural death, according to the laws of the state of Missouri.
- For traditional and natural marriage as recognized and protected by the Missouri State Constitution.
- For the God-given right of the people of Missouri to express their collective Christian heritage in city and state symbols, and for their God-given right to worship on public grounds according to their conscience, and for their children to pray in public schools.
- For the God-given right to Subsidiarity, wherein the federal government takes a subsidiary role to the state governments, otherwise known as "states rights" or "federalism," and the people have a right to govern themselves autonomously through local city and county governments without intrusive federal or state regulations.
- For a stable currency, and freedom from crushing federal debt, to secure a future for Missouri children.
You may purchase the Christian Battle Flag of Missouri here: New Large 3x5 Missouri Battle Flag for under $7, or by clicking on the advertising window above. Proceeds go to support the blogging efforts of The Catholic Knight and the Christian education of his children. Please pass this article on to friends and family using the "share" icons below.