During this time when we fight for religious freedom against our own government's HHS mandate, I would like to call your attention to a common problem we face in our Catholic families.
The culture of death is pervasive. Our wives are under tremendous pressure to use artificial birth control, and this at times translates into pressure on we husbands as well. To better foster the culture of life in our own Catholic families we require the following assistance from the Church...
In other words your excellencies, what we are crying out for is HELP! The Church has done very well instructing us on what needs to be done, but has performed very poorly on assisting us in the process. I believe it is this very circumstance that has done much to contribute to the culture of death that has penetrated Catholic families, and thereby assisted the Obama administration in this wicked and diabolical move to curtail the religious freedom of conscience within the Church.
- Regular and consistent Sunday homilies (from each and every priest) against the evils of abortion, sterilisation and artificial contraception.
- Regular and consistent Sunday homilies (from each and every priest) on the nature of marriage in God's economy, along with the Christian roles of husband and wife in the home.
- More open and frequent discussion on natural family planning in marriage support ministries.
- Family assistance in the form of scholarships for Catholic schools and the creation of good home-school cooperatives that are interconnected with regular Catholic schools.
- Inner parish networking for 'work at home' jobs designed to assist career home-makers.
We are with you 100% in this fight against the federal government's HHS mandate. Regardless of the outcome, we hope your excellencies will use this sad conflict as an opportunity to reform and save Catholic families in the United States.
Faithfully yours in our Lord Jesus Christ,
The Catholic Knight
It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired. I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue. I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe. I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great.....
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Catholics and Artificial Birth Control
THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: The following is an open letter from 'The Catholic Knight' to all Catholic bishops in the United States of America. Please forward this letter to your local bishop. I write this as a faithful Catholic husband and father....