It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

FREE DIXIE


THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: I am a Southern American man and I proudly define myself as a Dixiean. That term is not a very popular one at this time, but I insist on it, because it truly does define my REAL nationality. It is a nationality suppressed so successfully by the imperial reign of Washington DC that most of my countrymen have no knowledge of it.  Many of my countrymen use the term Southerner or Southron instead, and of course there is nothing wrong with that, but in designating a term that is directional in nature, the next question that begs to be asked is "southern to what?"  Thus we enter into the hyphenated identity of Southern-American or American-Southron.  Again, nothing wrong with that, but I do see a slight problem.  By using this terminology, the connection to the United States of America is implied, and thus my countryman identifies himself as an American primarily.  If that is what one wants, then fine, but I am not an American by choice.  I am an American by circumstance because my people were conquered by Washington DC about 150 years ago.  Therefore I am a Dixiean.  That is my real nationality.  I insist.  I look forward to the day when all my fellow countrymen will join me in using that term.

I am descended from Ulster-Scott (Scots-Irish), German, Scandinavian, English and Cherokee-Iroquois.  My blood flows from two continents and I am connected to this land directly.  I have 200 years of European connection to Dixie and 4,000 years of Native American connection to Dixie, particularly the Appalachian mountains where my Ulster-Scott ancestry first came into contact with my Cherokee-Iroquois ancestry.  Yes, I am descended from many peoples, as are most of my countrymen here, and that is part of what makes us Dixieans.  Half of my ancestry (on my mother's side) fought in the War for Southern Independence (American Civil War), and none of them owned slaves, not a single one.  They were Ulster-Scots and Cherokee.  The other half of my ancestry (my father's side) lived on the Northern side of the Mason-Dixon line in Missouri.  Rather than fight however, they fled west to Colorado territory, knowing full well the federal aggression was immoral and this was not their war.  My father and mother eventually met in California, where I was raised, but my mother saw to it that my connection to Dixie remained firm in values and culture.

Let me make some things crystal clear for everyone reading this....

First and foremost, I am not a racist.  While I do believe that there is nothing unchristian about loving your own kind (ethnically, culturally and even racially) I do believe that hating another kind is a great sin against both God and man.  As Christians we are certainly allowed to love our own, but we are forbidden to hate others.  Am I proud of my ancestry?  Sure.  Why wouldn't I be?  Do I hate or dislike other people's ancestry?  Of course not!  What purpose would that serve?

Second, I despise the institution of slavery, but unlike most Americans, I am actually fairly educated about what slavery really was in the New World.  Slavery is a very ancient institution indeed, one which came to North America by way of the English.  However, it also existed in South and Central America as well by way of the Spanish.  Cuba served as a great slave-trading hub for centuries, both for North and South America.  Initially, slavery was not limited to particular races.  Even white Europeans could be slaves, and this remained the case well into the 1700s in some places.  Nor was slave ownership limited to white men.  In South America, many men of Native American ancestry owned slaves.  While in North America, even black men (of African ancestry) owned slaves.  This remained the case all the way until the American Civil War.  It is a little known fact that the largest slave plantation in the State of South Carolina in 1860 was owned by a black man.  Was slavery connected to racism?  Yes, it was for most people, but it certainly wasn't that way exclusively.  The institution itself knew no limits, and cared not about the colour of one's skin.  Again, for the record, my Dixie Confederate ancestors did not own slaves, and that was quite common actually.  Over 60% of all Southerners did not own slaves on the outset of the Civil War, and in fact, the abolition movement had considerable strength in the South at that time.  General Robert E. Lee, that great Confederate warrior, was himself an abolitionist.  While his Northern opponent, Union General Ulysses S. Grant, was a slave owner believe it or not.  Given another couple decades, slavery would have been eradicated in the South by pure market forces, just as it was in the North.  To frame the great conflict of our ancestors in the template of racist slavery is pure ignorance of history.  Both the North and the South were dependent on the slave economy at the time, and while the Civil War was not caused by the slave economy, it did factor into the circumstances leading up to the war.  People can ignorantly claim the Southern states were fighting for slavery all they want, but the men who did the fighting tell a different story.  They tell of fighting for their independence against an authoritarian federal government that was acting as the aggressor.  While the men who fought for the North, including the generals and the politicians themselves, also testified that the war was not about slavery.  So people of the 21st century can frame the whole thing in the template of slavery if they want, but the people of the 19th century (who actually lived through it) will tell you a completely different story.  That's not my testimony -- it's theirs -- read it and see for yourself.

Third, I despise the institution of segregation, and I would like to point out that the first segregation laws in the South were instituted by Yankee occupiers during the Reconstruction period after the Confederacy was conquered.  Segregation began in the North you see, after slavery was eradicated there.  This was the way Northerners dealt with "keeping the races apart" once slaves were free.  Institutionalised segregation in a slave economy is nearly impossible, for slaves had to work in fields alongside many of their masters, cook in the kitchens with their master's wives, saw in the mills with their overseers and shop in the marketplaces to carry the goods.  You just can't have real segregation in a slave economy.  However, once the slave economy is eradicated, then you can effectively enforce segregation laws.  Such was the case in the Northern states once they eliminated slavery there before the Civil War.  Then after the Southern states were conquered, Southern men were no longer allowed to hold political office (see the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution for details) .  So, Northern opportunists (carpetbaggers) came down South to run for elected office.  These Yankee carpetbaggers were the men who set up the South's segregation system after slavery was eradicated by the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.  Segregation was foreign to the South prior to the Civil War.  Yes, a Southern class system existed, but it was not segregated in the way we understand segregation today.  Modern segregation is a Northern invention, exported to the Southern states, as a consequence of losing the Civil War.  After a century of segregation in the Southern states, many white Southerners defended it (to their shame), but many white Southerners also opposed it.  We must always keep that in mind.  The Dixie flag, the Christian cross of St. Andrew, was abused by many racists during that time, but then so was the American flag right along side it.  (Such abuse remains to this day.)   To associate the Dixie flag with segregation and racism exclusively is intellectually dishonest.  For the American flag has been used to represent those things just as much if not more so.

Fourth, I believe in culture.  The people of Dixie have a distinct culture that comes directly from the English and Ulster-Scots.  There is a good amount of regular Irish in that mix as well.  It is a culture we as a people need to rediscover and celebrate.  It is our heritage, and it unites us, regardless of our racial ancestry.  We are of many races, but our culture is Anglo-Celtic.  It is who we are as a people.  We need to break the chains of Yankee imperialism and the tyranny of multiculturalism.  For God's sake my countrymen, you are what you are, stop denying it!  Bring back the kilts, bagpipes, dance and colours of our Anglo-Celtic heritage!  Let us stop lamenting the loss of our past.  Let us rebuild it!  But this time, unshackled from the scourge of slavery and segregation, we shall remake our culture bigger and better than ever!!!  I am not arguing for a preservation of what is.  This is because the culture that currently exists has been diluted and gutted by 150 years of occupation.  I'm talking about recognising who we are as a people, and rebuilding what we know we are supposed to be!  No longer can we afford to allow ourselves to be separated culturally along racial lines.  How dare anyone promote that!  We are red, yellow, black and white when it comes to the colour of our skin, but when it comes to who we are as a people (our identity) we are Dixieans! and our culture is Anglo-Celtic.  Let's put it back together.

Fifth, I believe in independence from the United States of America.  Now the Civil War ended a century and a half ago.  It's old news.  In spite of the atrocities of Northern Aggression that happened, I hold no malice toward the people of the North and West.  They cannot be held responsible for the crimes of their ancestors.  It's not their fault.  The problem I have is not with them.  The problem I have is with Washington DC.  This is an imperial regime.  It began in violence against our people, and it has continued unstopped in constant oppression, even to the point of attacking the religious faith of our children in their schools.  I believe that 150 years of history has demonstrated beyond any shadow of a doubt that Dixie cannot continue to exist under the iron fist of the federal government.  The rule of Washington DC is toxic to our people, our culture, our heritage and our faith!  It is inconsistent and incompatible with who we are as a people.  Therefore, I am convinced that the best thing for Dixie is independence.  

Sixth, I believe in the brotherhood of all English-speaking peoples.  In spite of my desire for political independence from Washington DC, that does not mean I harbour animosity toward any other English-speaking people, neither toward my Yankee and Canadian cousins up North, nor toward my English and Australian blokes across the ponds.  We are all part of a great and glorious Anglosphere, and there is no shame in celebrating that.  It is our common heritage and our common bond.  I look forward to the day when all Anglosphere countries (including Dixie) will stand united in a commonwealth of brotherhood that respects our individual sovereignty as independent nations, yet promotes our economic and cultural well-being as common peoples.  The future world I see for the English-speaking people is bigger and better than the one that currently exists.

Seventh, I must confess, I am a Catholic, and as a Catholic I have a deep sense of justice.  The people of Dixie are constantly maligned and ridiculed for everything from their accents to their poverty.  Might I remind my Yankee cousins up North that much of the culture of poverty that exists down here in the South was caused by your ancestors.  That's right, the rich European Anglo-Celtic culture that existed in Dixie prior to the Civil War was crushed by the Civil War -- literally burned to the ground!  The economy of the South was pulverised, and that led to generations of extreme poverty for all races.  With extreme poverty comes a rise in illiteracy.  My own family of Ulster-Scots in Tennessee, well educated and prosperous for their area, was reduced to extreme poverty and absolute illiteracy within just a generation of the Civil War, and directly related to the effect of that war.  The illiteracy was a problem not conquered for 100 years.  It was my very own mother who became the first in her family to finish high school, only because of the extreme sacrifices of her parents, who both toiled in the cotton fields and sweatshops for two decades to make it happen. (Because of that, I was the first in my mother's family to complete a college education in nearly 150 years!) That's what a the Civil War did to my mother's ancestry. Think about that next time you make fun of our people because of their accents or living conditions.  I know, it's humorous to poke fun at "rednecks" and "trailer trash," and I must admit, some of those folks are deserving because of their lack of dignity, but just remember who put their ancestors in that position in the first place.  It was your Yankee ancestors.  Please keep that in mind next time you tell a joke.

Eighth and finally, I want to address this to my fellow countrymen in Dixie.  You know just as well as I do that the days of the imperial empire in Washington DC are numbered.  The federal government has amassed a debt it cannot pay and crippled an economy it cannot fix.  Many of you served in the United States military, and that is something you should be proud of.  In your service to the empire, you also served your countrymen in Dixie, and I salute you for this.  Let us never forget that General George Washington served in the British army before becoming an American, and General Robert E. Lee served in the United States army before becoming a Confederate.  Fly your American flags high while the empire still lasts, but remember your people and your homeland first.  You are sons and daughters of Dixie.  Your ancestors fought for their freedom too, 150 years ago, in the War for Southern Independence.  Your bond to kin and country is stronger than any bond to a federal republic that is committing suicide.  Remember that, because when the empire finally falls, we the people of Dixie may need your services to secure the safety of our children.  I know that you will rise to the occasion, because of who you are and what you believe in.  As for all of us, veterans or not, let us begin the process of rebuilding before the inevitable fall of the empire comes.  Study our heritage.  Study the Ulster-Scots.  Fly the flags of Dixie with pride, but do it with dignity as well.  Only by continually flying the flags of Dixie without ceasing, can we desensitise our countrymen to the poison of race-baiting propaganda used by Liberal-Marxists to divide us.  The key to the room in which the table of brotherhood sits is this flag -- the Dixie flag -- the Christian cross of St. Andrew.  When blacks, whites and people of all races can sit together under it and work for our common benefit, then we will truly be free.