It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Monday, May 28, 2012

It's Time to Visit an Eastern Catholic Church


THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT is convinced that we cannot truly revive and reform the Roman liturgy without a firm grounding in the Eastern liturgical traditions. It's time to pull out a phone book and look for an Eastern Catholic Church in your area. If one doesn't exist, consider a pilgrimage to a city that has one. Occasional visits such as these will help us, and they will give us a better vision of what needs to be done in our own Western churches. Go! Be not afraid! As long as it's Eastern Catholic (not Orthodox) you can lawfully receive communion there, and meet your Sunday obligation. Go! Do it! You'll be glad you did. Trust me. I know first hand.

Here is the OFFICIAL list of Eastern Catholic websites in the United States (in full communion with the pope), and appropriate for any Roman Catholic to visit and receive the sacraments...
http://www.byzcath.org/index.php/resources-mainmenu-63/list-of-eparchies-mainmenu-93

FOOTNOTE: In case you didn't notice, a picture of Father Jeffery Fasching was featured in this video, celebrating the Traditional Latin Mass in the Roman Rite. Father Fasching was featured on this blog twice here and here.