It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Catholic Church And The Confederacy


THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT:  There is much talk on the Internet about the relationship between the Catholic Church and the Confederate States of America (Dixie).   Catholics should be well informed about this.  I would strongly recommend my readers listen to this podcast.

By now some of my readers may be wondering about my obsession with the Civil War and the Old South. Besides my hereditary connection to Dixie, the fact that it is currently my home, and the reality of our federal government's occupation of our people, our land and values; the conflict that defined the War Between the States IS in fact the conflict that defined the century that followed. For because of America's Civil War; industrialism, materialism and Modernism were empowered to conquer the entire Western world as well as the Western Church. It is a 100 year saga that begins in the 1860s on the battlefields of the American South, and finds its completion in the 1960s in the sexual revolution and a new Marxist paradigm, leaving us with all the ill effects since then. If you are Catholic, you simply MUST understand what happened in America's Civil War, and it doesn't matter where you live or what language you speak. Knowledge of this subject, from a traditional Catholic perspective, is indispensable if you want to understand the modern world and the Church's struggle within it. Please take some time to listen to the podcast.