THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Okay, I've been sitting on the sidelines watching this unfold for too long. Here is how I see it...
- The LCWR is an umbrella organisation commissioned by the Vatican with the responsibility of overseeing and coordinating most (approximately 80%) of the religious sisters orders (convents, monasteries, etc.) in the United States.
- For the last 20 years or so, the LCWR has violated this sacred trust by sponsoring and promoting speakers and ideas that are pro-abortion, pro-homosexuality, pro-feminist, and anti-Church doctrine. This is not to mention the tendency of many American nuns under the LCWR to refuse religious habits and ally themselves with known heretics and apostates who have outright rejected fundamental Christian teachings about the nature of God.
- After years of complaints, many of which came from religious sisters (nuns) under the LCWR, the Vatican CDF finally launched an investigation into the organisation.
- That investigation was instantly met with hostility on the part of the LCWR and some of its sub-divisions.
- When the report was finally given, chronicling what had been found, and what almost everybody knew already, the LCWR rejected the findings and implied that it would fight the Vatican's course of corrective action.
- The LCWR then followed up with a news media negative PR blitz, directed against the Vatican in particular, and the Catholic hierarchy (priests and bishops) in general. The American news media immediately jumped on board by asking rhetorically - "Is the Vatican waging a war on women?" This of course provoked demonstrations and protests in various places, against the Church hierarchy, supporting this heretical organisation blindly.