It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, August 3, 2012

Pray for the Holy Father

THE CATHOLIC SQUIRE: Our beloved Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI , is rumored to be working on his fourth Encyclical. This encyclical, according to the rumors, will be on the theological virtue of faith. The three previous encyclicals penned by the 265th Successor to St. Peter dealt with the other theological virtues (two on charity, one on hope). Let us go to prayer for the Vicar of Christ, that his efforts to instruct the world on these essential points of the Christian Faith be fruitful, being received through the open minds and hearts of all who will read, especially those who up until now have had their hearts hardened by the world that has largely turned its back on God. Beg the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary and of St. Michael the Archangel, that the faith that comes to us from Christ and Apostles might once again shine brightly through the chaos of the world under the capable guidance of our Most Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI.