It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Why Obama is a Blessing to the U.S. Catholic Church


THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: I know this may seem strange to say, but it would seem that Barack Obama has done more to UNITE the U.S. Catholic bishops against the evils of big government intrusion than all the previous popes in recent memory. It's a sad observation, but nevertheless true. It would seem that a pinch of persecution was all that was lacking in American Catholicism to wake up the sleeping giant. In this sense, I will almost (note I said "almost") be sad to see Obama go in January, should Mitt Romney win the presidential race in November. Perhaps another four years of this tyrant Obama might see this pinch of persecution intensify to a sprinkle or a smattering. A few arrests of high profile bishops, for not obeying the HHS Mandate, might finally galvanize Catholic leaders to preach the FULL SPECTRUM of Church social doctrine, with highlights on the absolutely essential principle of SUBSIDIARITY which flies in the face of big government liberalism. Please don't misunderstand. I don't want to see our bishops go to jail, especially over this, but you have to admit something. Had they been doing their jobs correctly for the last few decades, none of this would have ever happened. Could it be that Obama is a blessing in disguise? Could it be that God is using this wicked and evil man in the Whitehouse to wake up the sleeping U.S. Catholic Church and purge her of all her nonsensical self-contradictions? Could it be that it just takes a pinch of persecution, (or maybe a little more), to get that job done? It's something to think about.