It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Let There Be Peace on Earth (Relevant New Verse)


The Catholic Squire: I wrote this a few years ago on an airplane, but I think its worth sharing today as I receive the sad news that the Principality of Liechtenstein has Separated Church from State. The one remaining nation in the world that still acknowledges Catholicism as the religion of the state is now the Principality of Monaco. In addition, the Principality of Andorra explicitly guarantees in its Constitution freedom to the Roman Catholic Church and preserves her "special co-operation with the State". Here are the lyrics that seem to become more and more relevant every day to what is going on. 

Let there be peace on earth,
the peace of Christ Sovereign King.
Let there be peace on earth,
the peace promised by Our Lady.
With God at the center, of our families, our schools, and our governments,
from sea to shining sea.
Let peace begin with me,
with rosary at my side.
Through Mary anything,
with Jesus only hope for mankind.
Raising our prayers with the Holy Father,
in Rome, the Eternal City,
Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.

Feel free to pass this on to music directors in your parishes as another verse to the song many of us know. I only ask that I be informed at my email address. No need to ask permission. But please let me know! And no matter what anyone says, whether they are legislating something in your nation or threatening force, always, ALWAYS confess that Christ is King. Pope Pius XI wrote a beautiful Encyclical entiltled "Quas Primas", I highly recommend reading it as soon as possible as it will point out in clear and concise terms the Catholic position on the matter. The kingdom of Our Lord is not just Heaven. It is right here and right now, but we can't even begin to see it come to fruition if it doesn't begin in our hearts. Have you had your family consecrated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus? The Immaculate Heart of His Holy Mother? Ad Jesum per Mariam.

**** DON'T forget to look at the two posts below for incredible book deals before the Feast of the Epiphany! Get your offers in to me before then so that these books can go into good Catholic homes for an incredible price!